tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sylvain Laurent <slaur...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7 - New attribut aliases in the context configuration item
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 19:50:36 GMT

On 6 déc. 2011, at 18:07, Sylvain Goulmy wrote:

> Hi Sylvain,
>
> I have tested your functionnality thanks to the description you give in
> your code.
>
> This is just EXACTLY what i wanted. I can define an external directory, the
> ressources are searched in my application and then in the directory defined
> in the configuration, and icing on the cake you can define the '/' context
> for your new directory.
>
> This is just perfect !
>
> I see in your comment that this functionnality is not meant to be used in
> production, why ?

This is rather a disclaimer ;-) I really did not test for potential security threats when
using this feature, I don't know what happens if the URL contains sequences like ../../...
Nor did I do performance tests.
The primary goal was to fix the "serve modules without publishing" feature of eclipse which
used to work with tc6 but was broken with tc7.

> Could this functionnality be backported to Tomcat 6 or a patch could be
> provided ?
Probably, but since the "Serve modules without publishing feature" of eclipse works as is,
there was no point in touching this...
If there's really some demand, I could have a look at it.

> Thank you very much for pointing this bugzilla ticket ;-)

you're welcome.

Sylvain