tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Mikusa <dmik...@vmware.com>
Subject RE: Login fails, then works subsequently (Tomcat 7)
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 22:37:57 GMT

>The http trace would show if the id/pw were different.  But that would
>pretty much imply that the browser is messing up what it sends.  I guess
>that's always a possibility.

Not necessarily, the browser will send things other than the login and
password like headers and cookies.

>But I haven't changed browsers in months.
>And it's sending a saved id/pw in all cases.  the login form appears, and
>the id/pw is already filled in.

You could be right, but garbage in equals garbage out so it's worth verifying.
Especially when it's pretty painless to do.  If you're using Firefox there are
plugins that can help like TamperData and Live HTTP Headers.

Dan