tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Polina Genova <polina.gen...@gmail.com>
Subject response.isCommited() returns false after sendRedirect is called?
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2011 07:50:09 GMT
Hi,

I accidentally noticed that in valves response.isCommitted()  returns false
after sendRedirect() is called.
According to the HttpServletResponse API (and Servlet Specification v.2.5)
after sendRedirect() is called the response should be considered committed
so I believe isCommitted() should return true in this case, shouldn't it?
Reproducible on Tomcat 6.35.

To reproduce this, you may use the attached test materials:
           - test dummy valve
           - simple test app with 2 jsps (test.jsp redirects to index.jsp).

Thanks and regards,
Polina