tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Marvin Addison <marvin.addi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Do any of the Tomcat LDAP-type realms support "no password" authentication?
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2011 14:56:09 GMT
> I was wondering if any of the LDAP-type realms (e.g., JNDIRealm, etc.) support an authentication
mode where no password or credentials are required?

It's hard to imagine a valid use case for this -- I hope you know what
you're doing.  That said, you could use JAASRealm with
http://code.google.com/p/vt-middleware/source/browse/vt-ldap/tags/vt-ldap-3.3.4/src/main/java/edu/vt/middleware/ldap/jaas/LdapDnAuthorizationModule.java
to accomplish this.  I should note that the intention is for
LdapDnAuthorizationModule to be combined with another module that
actually performs authentication (e.g. bind or compare), but you could
abuse it for your use case I believe.