tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gregor S." <rc4...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Can't get APR running w/ Tomcat 6.0.33 (Debian)
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2011 18:53:32 GMT
Hi Chris,

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 7:43 PM, Christopher Schultz
<chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

> Yeah, it's a question of faster startup or "better" entropy.
> Everything is PRNGs, anyway. If you want real entropy, you have to
> listen to cosmic background radiation or something.

Now *that* sound interesting:
How do I configure Tomcat to generate entropy by listening to cosmic
radiation? Couldn't find anything about this in the docs... ;)

> Do you have an OpenSSL crypto provider that you'd like to use
> *besides* the software-based one? If so, that's where you'd specify it.

Nope, we're just using plain OpenSSL here.

I was just a bit afraid that the netropy generated by /dev/urandom
might be a bit weak.

JFC also told me that builtin == OpenSSL when the APR is linked against OpenSSL.

So all my questions have been answered, my installation is working,
and I have to give some big KUDOES to everybody involved here - thank
you, guys!

Gregor
--
just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you...
gpgp-fp: 3DB13F197F8A0360814885D1F1F1E2EFAD509AFD