tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 7.0.23 problem
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2011 17:43:25 GMT
> From: Lutischán Ferenc [mailto:lutischanf@gmail.com]
> Subject: Tomcat 7.0.23 problem

> When I have upgraded it to 7.0.23, the starting process is
> paused on the line:
> "INFO: Deploying web application directory /usr/local/tomcat1/webapps/ROOT"

> There are not error messages.

Take a thread dump, using jstack, JConsole, VisualVM, or equivalent, and see what it's waiting
for.

http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/HowTo#How_do_I_obtain_a_thread_dump_of_my_running_webapp_.3F

Depending on the platform, you might be waiting for random number generation, in which case
try using this system property:

-Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/./urandom

Note that the seemingly extra ./ is required to outsmart the JDK.

 - Chuck