tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: keepalive issue
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2011 17:26:05 GMT
> From: mike.wertheim@gmail.com [mailto:mike.wertheim@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Mike Wertheim
> Subject: Re: keepalive issue

> My question was basically: If I'm using APR, can I assume that I'll
> get the APR Connector

Yes, you'll have the APR <Connector>, with all of its attributes.

> Also, I reduced the ConnectionTimeout from the 20-second default
> down to 5 seconds, and the app seems to work fine.  Would it be
> advisable to reduce it even further?

Not really something that can be answered here.  If you're seeing that it makes a difference,
then it sounds like you have either balky clients or network problems.  It's very unusual
for a TCP_OPEN to show up without real traffic right on its tail - unless somebody's trying
to take your site down by brute force

 - Chuck