tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Deployment over a running webapp does not call session detroyed?
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 15:08:53 GMT
> From: Gabriele Bulfon [mailto:gbulfon@sonicle.com]
> Subject: RE: Deployment over a running webapp does not call session detroyed?

> what is the point to mantain http sessions valid when all the
> other stuff have been destroyed and reloaded?

Sounds like your webapp doesn't reinitialize itself properly, but is simply assuming the existence
of objects based on session existence - an invalid assumption.  Again, you should be using
context listeners for that, not session ones.

> If there is any design I should follow to recreate my new object
> structure on the mantained sessions, I would try to do it.

Yes - a ServletContextListener (or perhaps a HttpSessionActivationListener).  If you simply
want to prevent session persistence, configure your <Context> to not do so:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/manager.html#Persistence_Across_Restarts

 - Chuck