tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: path used for tc-natuve
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 01:38:09 GMT
> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
> Subject: Re: path used for tc-natuve

> which still does not really explain (to me) why Tomcat
> looks for it there. Or is it jsvc ?

Neither - it's the Linux dynamic loader, required to do so by the Linux API contract for dlopen().

> So how do I install a version of tcnative which will satisfy
> Tomcat6 (which lives in /opt/tomcat6), in such a way that
> Tomcat6 will find it before the ones listed above ?

Put it in Tomcat's bin directory.  I would also remove the obnoxiously-placed older version,
and place that in Tomcat 5.5's bin directory - assuming you can find it, given the corruption
caused by installing ill-conceived 3rd party repackaged versions :-)

> will this new version of tcnative be happy with the current
> Apache APR library which is also on that system ?

Shouldn't matter, since a real tcnative-1 from tomcat.apached.org is self-contained; use ldd
to make sure.  Don't know what dependencies the 3rd-party versions might have.

 - Chuck