tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Deployment over a running webapp does not call session detroyed?
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2011 18:02:26 GMT
> From: Gabriele Bulfon [mailto:gbulfon@sonicle.com]
> Subject: Deployment over a running webapp does not call session detroyed?

> the ContextListener contextDestroyed is called, but I have no way to
> access my threads and kill them from there....

> Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Yes, it's a bug - yours.  By design, sessions are maintained across a webapp redeployment.
 You'll need to make your code smarter about tracking auxiliary threads that you start and
that Tomcat is completely unaware of.  For example, you could save the threads in some sort
of list or array accessible to your context listener, and have it take care of shutting down
your threads.

 - Chuck