tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Custom realm.authenticate() that would work with any realm - possible?
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 04:00:29 GMT
> From: ohaya@cox.net [mailto:ohaya@cox.net]
> Subject: Custom realm.authenticate() that would work with any realm - possible?

> I was wondering if there might, perhaps, be another way to do what
> I'm trying to do (basically have an realm.authenticate() method that
> doesn't require a password, but that would work with any realm?

Look at the CombinedRealm; you might be able to use your no-password realm in conjunction
with one of the others, since the doc says "Authentication against any Realm will be sufficient
to authenticate the user."  I don't know if that will get you the necessary roles established.

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/realm-howto.html#CombinedRealm

 - Chuck