tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Disabling Apps in host root
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2011 23:52:31 GMT
> From: Jerry Malcolm [mailto:2ndgenfilms@gmail.com]
> Subject: Disabling Apps in host root

> When I start tomcat

What exact version?  We're not mind-readers, and capabilities vary considerably depending
on what level you're on.

> it tries to start an app for every folder in the
> host root directory.

What do you mean by "host root directory"?  Do you really mean the <Host> appBase directory?
 Be precise.

> Some folders are really apps (with WEB-INF), and
> some are folders that are not apps at all.

Then why are the non-apps folders there?

> But it doesn't seem to care if there is a context or not.

Correct; nothing in the spec requires the existence of a <Context> element or even WEB-INF/web.xml.

> Is there a way to control the apps that start up

Look at the deployIgnore attribute of the <Host> element:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/host.html

 - Chuck