tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Logging - including host name in log file?
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 04:50:39 GMT
> From: Jerry Malcolm [mailto:2ndgenfilms@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Logging - including host name in log file?

> Where should the properties file be located?  All of the
> docs say it should be in /common/classes.

What docs are those?  Please be specific, because they're wrong and need correcting.

> I DO have context statements in my server.xml.

Bad practice - even in Tomcat 5.0, predating your version.

Look at the doc for the <Context> element; note that the 7.0 doc is much improved over
the ancient version you have, although obviously some of it is not applicable to 5.5.

 - Chuck