tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject timeout exception is ignored?
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2011 12:17:42 GMT
Hi,

 The method org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.parseParameters() contains this code.

                try {
                     if (readPostBody(formData, len) != len) {
                         return;
                     }
                 } catch (IOException e) {
                     // Client disconnect
                     if (context.getLogger().isDebugEnabled()) {
                         context.getLogger().debug(
                                 sm.getString("coyoteRequest.parseParameters"), e);
                     }
                     return;
                 }

 When there is a timeout exception during reading of the postbody it is ignored and my servlet
runs without parameters. Why is this? Why don't I get the exception in my code, so I can handle
it?

 Ronald.