tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Hosted environment
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2011 07:42:46 GMT
r.sriram wrote:
> Hello,
> I am setting up my multiple domains on Go Daddy. In my current in-house
> windows server my Tomcat is on Program Files (86) and the ROOT is in
> C:\Program Files (x86)\apache-tomcat-6.0.33\webapps directory. That is
> where WEB-INF is, that is what is my actual path for all files that gets
> picked up by my web pages (including my servlets).
>
> In Go Daddy, there would be different ROOTs for each domain.
> (../<domain>/httpdocs) But there would be one Tomcat installation.
>
> can Tomcat be installed in Program Files (86), and the servlets, and all
> the files needed for the domain be placed in ../<domain name>/httpdocs?
> Thanks.....Ram

Sure. Look at virtual hosts, here : http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/host.html
(and their appBase attribute)

<Host name="host1.domain1.com"... appBase="/path1/webapps/" ..>
</Host>

<Host name="host2.domain2.com"... appBase="/path2/webapps/" ..>
</Host>
etc..

I suggest to leave the default <Host name="localhost" ..> as it is, and just add the
others.