tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David kerber <dcker...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Free Tomcat Hosting?
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2011 15:21:37 GMT
On 12/16/2011 8:52 AM, Rhino wrote:

> I'm wondering if anyone can tell me of anywhere that has free Tomcat
> hosting?
>
> I'd like to make a small number of Tomcat servlets and JSPs available as
> part of a code portfolio to show prospective clients and/or employers.
> Presumably, these would get very little use, just the occasional glance
> from someone who wanted to see an example of my work. I don't want to
> leave my own computer running 24x7 and I can't afford to pay for hosting
> at this point, although that may change down the road.

I'd recommend scrounging up an old computer, configuring it as a server,
and do your own hosting.  Mine is a P-III 1GHz with 256MB RAM, and it
runs Debian Linux and Tomcat just fine for my personal website and photo
hosting webapp.  It's good experience and a point on your resume during
your job hunt as well.