tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Access dbf files outside context/docbase
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2011 11:03:11 GMT
André Warnier wrote:
> David Kerber wrote:

>>> Obvious first question: file permissions?

>> Wide open.  And from previous experience, permissions and file-in-use
>> errors give different text in the message.
>>
> Are you sure that the driver understands UNC path notation ?
> What if you "map" that path to a "device letter" on the local system,
> and try to connect using that local path ?

Addendum : but if your are indeed running Tomcat as a Service, then the previous
explanation from Mark Eggers is more likely to be the problem.
(and my suggestion won't help, because it's still a network drive, and the LocalSystem
account does not have access to Windows network resources (like network drives and
printers e.g.)).

You should try starting Tomcat under your own user-id, in a command window, using the
startup.bat script, and then see if it can connect.
If it can then, then your problem is the LocalSystem account.
If it still can't, then it may be the UNC path notation.