tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: path used for tc-natuve
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2011 08:36:41 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
>> Subject: Re: path used for tc-natuve
>
>> This left me intellectually unsatisfied, because I still
>> did not know how Tomcat6 was finding this old tc-native,
>
> Already told you: dlopen() is required to look in /usr/lib - as a last resort.  Check
out the man page for that API.

Yes, and I did play a bit more on the Dummy side than strictly necessary.
But, on the other hand, knowing that "dlopen()" is involved is not exactly evident (as you

noted yourself), and it still does not really say *who* is calling dlopen(), nor why
dlopen() would ever look into (tomcat_dir)/bin.

But let's switch to Christopher's answer for the rest.
In any case, thank you both for your patience and for the great information.
I think I got it now.