tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alessandro Novarini <anovarin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat as https proxy
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 23:06:17 GMT
> Okay... just not when the client is making an HTTPS request because of
> the non-HTTPS CONNECT request?
Exactly
>> What we have done at the moment is to switch the https connection to
>> the http one, and that works fine
> But it doesn't produce the desired result :)
No, it doesn't, but for the client was ok as a temporary patch; this
proxy is meant to work for development environments, as you can detach
the application from all the remote services and work "offline".
> Honestly, I would look at this as my first option: if all goes well,
> you replace one component (your broken proxy) with another (a
> commercial-grade proxy) and you no longer have to maintain that proxy
> code yourself. You just need to learn how to configure and protect
> that new component.
Ok, it'll be difficult to push for that but it that makes sense.

Thanks a lot!
Alessandro