tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Xybrek <xyb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to forward all kind of request from ROOT to another subdirectory?
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2011 13:28:32 GMT
On 12/8/2011 9:19 PM, Xybrek wrote:
> On 12/8/2011 8:52 PM, Thom Hehl wrote:
>> Simplest would be to set up an index.html in the root path that
>> redirects to whatever you wish. You can find 500 hits on google about
>> how to do an HTML redirect.

Also, I am able to redirect with UrlRedirectFilter from
http://localhost:8080 to http://localhost:8080/myRoot

However my problem now is that I want to keep the URL in the browser
relative to the original ROOT, i.e. right now when I request for
http://localhost:8080/index.html it will show
http://localhost:8080/myRoot/index.html

but I want to keep it like http://localhost:8080/index.html and for all
other request.

Maybe I need to do something with the rules in the urlrewrite.xml

Any ideas?