tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Form Authentication vs. Tomcat Restart
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2011 12:24:00 GMT
I should have noted that this is with Tomcat 7.0.23, but it seemed
unlikely to be JVM (Java 6 Update 29) or OS (Windows 7) specific.

Of course given that I found that the documentation clearly states this
behavior, I suspect this is longstanding Tomcat behavior.

My remaining question is /why/ Tomcat behaves this way.  If one quickly
restarts Tomcat for some reason and session data is preserved, you
really don't want all the users to have to login again do you?

--
Jess Holle