tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Recommendations for Amazon EC2 Linux Flavor
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2011 08:34:52 GMT
Francis GALIEGUE wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 02:02, André Warnier <aw@ice-sa.com> wrote:
> [...]>
>> I'd comment too on the lack of packages in RHEL.
>> I know that lots of missing perl modules won't bother you much, but maybe a
>> missing mod_jk will leave you less serene ?
>>

> Why use mod_jk when you have mod_proxy_ajp?

Because you may have a whole infrastructure already based on mod_jk, and because there are

things
easier to do with mod_jk than with mod_proxy_ajp (and vice-versa probably).
But I'll let Chris answer that further.
Note that you can always build mod_jk under RHEL, and make a package of it.
But it's always sweet to be able to use pre-packaged stuff.