tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Badi <ki...@poonam.org>
Subject Re: How to I add JSTL Lib to Tomcat with Netbeans
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 23:51:12 GMT
Thanks Mark, I have added the jars exactly the way you have given
suggestions.but for some reasons

<%@ taglib uri="..." %>

is not getting created for my pages.

Let me try to create a simple test case outside the project and see if
it is installed correctly.

On 12/6/2011 9:23 AM, Mark Eggers wrote:
> [...]
does this for you when you build the war file.

> If you're running a regular Netbeans (ant) project, then do the following:
>
> 1. Right-mouse click on the Libraries node of your project
> 2. Select Add libraries
> 3. Scroll down until you see the JSTL library
> 4. Select it and add it
>
> This will add both the standard tag jar and jstl jar to your project. Netbeans will complete<%@
taglib uri="..." %>  for you as well as all the tags once you add the taglib line to your
JSP file.

> If you're running a Maven project, then you need to edit your pom.xml file. The two dependencies
go in the dependencies element and will be built into your war file under the target directory.

> Again, once Netbeans knows the libraries are a part of your project (sometimes you have
to refresh the project) code completion will work as expected.