tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Antonios Kogias <co...@hua.gr>
Subject Tomcat 7 Valve not logging correct response size
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 06:41:47 GMT
Good morning,

   I'm using Tomcat 7.0.16 and a Valve in the server.xml file that uses
the %B option to log the "Bytes sent, excluding HTTP headers"
(http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/valve.html).

directory="logs"
                prefix="localhost_access_log." suffix=".txt"
                pattern="%H %p %m %D %s %B %a %t &quot;%r&quot;"
resolveHosts="false"/>

This works correctly for small response size (up to 30-40 kB), but for
bigger sizes it doesn't; it only writes zero as response size in the web
access log (I have tested that with 100 kB and 1000 kB static files).

Any idea why is that happening and what can be done to overcome?

Antonios

PS. OS is MS Windows XP 32bit SP3