tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7 + exception while adding cookies
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2011 16:10:24 GMT
On 01/12/2011 15:49, Martin Kuen wrote:
> I first blamed eclipse wtp doing sth. wrong when applying the
> configuration. Therefore, I checked the connector's jmx properties and to
> my surprise I could no longer find a property called "maxHttpHeaderSize"
> for the connector (comparing tc 6 to 7).

The JMX properties are not the definitive list of supported properties.
That is provided by the documentation and maxHttpHeaderSize is still listed.

> Was it dropped by intention? I skimmed through the changelogs but couldn't
> find an explanation . . .

It was dropped from JMX as part of the GSOC attribute clean-up since
that attribute is implemented in the ProtocolHandler (where it is
available via JMX).

> Afaik as I know this is a configurable setting for (at least most)
> webservers

As it is (or should be if it is working properly) for all version of Tomcat.

Mark