tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <oh...@cox.net>
Subject Re: Do any of the Tomcat LDAP-type realms support "no password" authentication?
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 21:29:16 GMT

---- "André Warnier" <aw@ice-sa.com> wrote:
> ohaya@cox.net wrote:
>
> .. re-synchronising..
> >
> > I've made some progress.  I have a VirtualHost, so I had to add a "JkMountCopy 'on'"
inside the <VirtualHost>, and now, it's at least proxying through to the Tomcat using
mod_jk!!

> > BUT, it's still not logging me into the Tomcat :(...
> >
> > I don't want to post the entire jk.log, so can someone point me to what to look
for in there, maybe?

> Ok, so let's now continue on the mod_jk track, since you've got that part running.
>
> What you are looking for, is an AJP "request attribute" named "remote_user" (lowercase),

> in the packets which mod_jk sends to Tomcat.
> I don't know if that would be in the log, nor if there is any way to coerce mod_jk into

> putting it in the log.
>
> But since your Tomcat is not authenticating, chances are that it isn't there.
>
> So let's try to cheat, and force it to be there.
> In your Apache configuration, add this line :
>
> JkEnvVar remote_user "blablabla"
>
> and let's see what happens.
>

> (and after that, we'll try mod_rewrite or a combination)

Andre,

I had already tried including a "JkEnvVar" as you suggested in my httpd.conf, in order to
try to hard-code getting SOMETHING  to show up, but no joy :(...

I've also tried a bunch of other variants:

JkEnvVar  REMOTE_USER

also:

JkEnvVar remote_user "foobar"

also:

JkEnvVar AJP_REMOTE_USER "foobar"

Nothing works :(...

This is really getting discouraging :(.  It almost seems to me like that 'tomcatAuthentication'
functionality doesn't even exist at all.

I've searched the jk.log for multiple things, "attr", "remo", etc., and find nothing relevant/significant
at all in there...

Thanks,
Jim