tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <oh...@cox.net>
Subject RE: Do any of the Tomcat LDAP-type realms support "no password" authentication?
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT

---- "Caldarale wrote:
> > From: ohaya@cox.net [mailto:ohaya@cox.net]
> > Subject: Re: Do any of the Tomcat LDAP-type realms support "no password" authentication?
>
> > In my sniffer, I can see the REMOTE_USER set to the hard-coded
> > string, but in my test JSP on Tomcat, there getUserPrincipal()
> > is returning null.  I've tried this test with 'tomcatAuthentication'
> > attribute in server.xml set to both "true" and "false", with the
> > same results :(...
>
> You might want to post (not attach) your server.xml so we can see exactly what you're
setting.  Simple typos are often difficult for the author to see.  Please remove comments
beforehand to reduce the amount of crud we have to wade through.

>  - Chuck

Chuck,

Thanks for the suggestion.  Here it is, minus most of "the curd" :).  It's basically vanilla
Tomcat (note:  what I posted below has "false" for "tomcatAuthentication", but I tried with
both "true" and "false").

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">

  <!--APR library loader. Documentation at /docs/apr.html -->
  <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener" SSLEngine="on" />
  <!--Initialize Jasper prior to webapps are loaded. Documentation at /docs/jasper-howto.html
-->
  <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.JasperListener" />
  <!-- Prevent memory leaks due to use of particular java/javax APIs-->
  <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.JreMemoryLeakPreventionListener" />
  <!-- JMX Support for the Tomcat server. Documentation at /docs/non-existent.html -->
  <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener" />
  <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener" />

  <GlobalNamingResources>
              type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
              pathname="conf/tomcat-users.xml" />
  </GlobalNamingResources>

  <Service name="Catalina">

    <Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
               connectionTimeout="20000"
               redirectPort="8443" />

    <Connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8443" tomcatAuthentication="false"
/>

             resourceName="UserDatabase"/>

      <Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps"
            unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"

      </Host>
    </Engine>
  </Service>