tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Kirtland <dkirtl...@epitiro.com>
Subject Tomcat 5.5.26 running 'select_user' for every transaction
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 15:30:29 GMT
Hi,

Since upgrading from Tomcat 5.5.20 to 5.5.26 (Debian Etch to Lenny - apt
versions) we are seeing a 'select_user' query to the database for every
single transaction. This is in addition to a 'select 1' (the configured
validationQuery). Obviously this is a big overhead which I don't see that
we need.

If anyone can shed some light on what this is doing and why it's there
(and ideally if we can turn it off) that would be very helpful! I've
searched through the docs and can't really find any reference to it.

Thanks