tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Adrian Zara" <adrian.z...@aonhewitt.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat Causes Server to go Panic/Crash
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 08:33:54 GMT
Hi Miki,

Noted with thanks! I'll replace my JVM with a better one. As for the
JAVA_OPTS variable, I am planning to revert it back to its original value
of 512 and retain it there as I am not confident of removing it from the
catalina.sh. As for the server's memory, I'm not sure how to test it.

Best regards,
Adrian

"Mikolaj Rydzewski" <miki@ceti.pl>

11/18/2011 04:26 PM
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>

"Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: Tomcat Causes Server to go Panic/Crash

 On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 16:19:53 +0800, Adrian Zara wrote:

> I will consider replacing the JVM with the ones you suggested. But
> for
> the meantime, while I do not have these better JVM's yet,  I'll check
> of
> removing the AgressiveHeap option in the JAVA_OPTS as advised by
> J├╝rgen.

 Please do the following:

 1. Replace GNU Java with a real one.
 2. Use CATALINA_OPTS instead of JAVA_OPTS (so shutdown script won't
 pick it up).
 3. Have you tested server's memory for errors?

--
 Mikolaj Rydzewski <miki@ceti.pl>

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may contain information
that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient
of this message, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately
alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments.
Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents of this message by anyone other
than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. All messages sent to and from this e-mail
address may be monitored as permitted by applicable law and regulations to ensure compliance
with our internal policies and to protect our business. E-mails are not secure and cannot
be guaranteed to be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or
contain viruses. You are deemed to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by
e-mail.