tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Adrian Zara" <adrian.z...@aonhewitt.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat Causes Server to go Panic/Crash
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 01:23:17 GMT
Hi Charles,

Thanks for the advice. apologies for being stubborn. I'll change the JVM
and set the CATALINA_OPTS in the setenv.sh

Best regards,
Adrian

"Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com>

11/19/2011 01:18 AM
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>

"Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: Tomcat Causes Server to go Panic/Crash

> From: Adrian Zara [mailto:adrian.zara@aonhewitt.com]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat Causes Server to go Panic/Crash

> I just learned that the JVM I am using is Java HotSpot
> (TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_19-b04, mixed mode)

Which hasn't been supported for many years.  (1.5 is also not supported,
unless you pay Oracle.)  You really, really need to upgrade everything.

> So I go back again to my drwaing board to analyze the
> issue. Please advise again.

Let's repeat:

1) put catalina.sh back to its original form, as distributed by Tomcat

2) set CATALINA_OPTS in setenv.sh for a reasonable heap size

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may contain information
that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient
of this message, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately
alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments.
Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents of this message by anyone other
than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. All messages sent to and from this e-mail
address may be monitored as permitted by applicable law and regulations to ensure compliance
with our internal policies and to protect our business. E-mails are not secure and cannot
be guaranteed to be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or
contain viruses. You are deemed to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by
e-mail.