tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Adrian Zara" <adrian.z...@aonhewitt.com>
Subject Tomcat Causes Server to go Panic/Crash
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 03:53:01 GMT
Hi,

Good morning!

I am using Tomcat 5.5.x and most of the time (one in every two attempts)
when I restart the tomcat (during shutdown or when starting up), the
server crashes. Kindly refer to the following information/specification
you may find useful regarding on my inquiry:

Tomcat Version: 5.5.x
        JAVA_OPTS='-Xmx1024m -XX:+AggressiveHeap' (settings in the
catalina.sh)

Server info: Redhat 3.9.2-6.fc3
        CPU: 3.4 GHz
        Memory: 2GB

Following is the steps when I restart the Tomcat: (current directory is in
tomcat folder)
1. ./bin/shutdown.sh
2. ./bin/startup.sh

If upon shutdown and there are still java processes running, we manually
kill the java processes then execute the startup.sh

Please advise whether do we need to change any settings in Tomcat in order
to prevent the server panic.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Adrian

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may contain information
that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient
of this message, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately
alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments.
Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents of this message by anyone other
than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. All messages sent to and from this e-mail
address may be monitored as permitted by applicable law and regulations to ensure compliance
with our internal policies and to protect our business. E-mails are not secure and cannot
be guaranteed to be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or
contain viruses. You are deemed to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by
e-mail.