tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Leo Donahue - PLANDEVX <LeoDona...@mail.maricopa.gov>
Subject Deploying .war files
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2011 21:52:28 GMT
Tomcat 6.0.32

When you add a new .war file to the webapps directory (by dragging the file in there from
another directory)  and it automatically expands the web archive, is that any different than
what the manager application does when it deploys the .war file?

Likewise when you delete the .war file from the webapps directory, the expanded web archive
will shortly remove itself as well.

Is there some amount of time that is required if you want to redeploy the same .war file you
just removed/undeployed with a newer version (same name)?  I can't get a consistent response
from either physically adding the .war file to the web apps directory and then deleting it/replacing
it with a newer version of the .war file, or whether I use the manager application to deploy/undeploy/deploy.

It seems as if I try to redeploy the newer version of the war file I just deleted too soon
everything hangs and while the newer .war file will expand, it gives a 404 response when I
access that web app. If I wait about 30 or 40 seconds between undeploying the old and redeploying
the new it works although I didn't actually record the time in between.

Leo