tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Uwe.Hellm...@t-systems.com
Subject Unable to receive message through TCP channel
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 10:20:31 GMT
Hello together,

I am using to Tomcat 5.5.26 Servers. I took over the responsibility for this system some time
ago.
Since then we already got the following error message.

SEVERE: Manager [/mywebapp]: Unable to receive message through TCP channel
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:

After questioning what this error is about I got no response but the comment that everything
is running fine.
So I haven't searhc after it. But now after having a rollout of new servlet version we have
some serious
performance issues. And now I have to check for every severe error message I can find.
But unfornatly I haven't found a solution or cause for this.
The only thing which I have found is a posting that this might be a problem of the tomcats
version and
that this might be a bug which was solved in 5.5.28. Is this correct?

The cluster configuration part in server.xml looks like a standard configuration:

<Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps"
       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"

        <Cluster className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster"
                 managerClassName="org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager"
                 expireSessionsOnShutdown="false"
                 useDirtyFlag="true"
                 notifyListenersOnReplication="true">

            <Membership
                 className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.mcast.McastService"
                 mcastAddr="228.0.0.4"
                 mcastPort="45564"
                 mcastFrequency="500"
                 mcastDropTime="3000"/>

            <Receiver
                className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationListener"
                tcpListenAddress="auto"
                tcpListenPort="4002"
                tcpSelectorTimeout="100"
                tcpThreadCount="6"/>

            <Sender
                className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationTransmitter"
                replicationMode="pooled"
                ackTimeout="15000"/>

            <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationValve"
                filter=".*\.gif;.*\.js;.*\.jpg;.*\.png;.*\.css;.*\.txt;"/>

            <Deployer className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.deploy.FarmWarDeployer"
                tempDir="/tmp/war-temp/"
                deployDir="/tmp/war-deploy/"
                watchDir="/tmp/war-listen/"
                watchEnabled="false"/>

            <ClusterListener
                className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.ClusterSessionListener"/>

        </Cluster>

I found out thatwe are not using the Deployer context. It is just configured, but both Tomcats
servers use a
deployment path on its local storage.

Has somebody an idea?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Yours sincerely

Uwe Hellmann

T-Systems International GmbH
Production CSS
GCU Large Accounts
AC Express & Logistics LT1

Gradestr. 20, 30163 Hannover
+49 511 333 - 1233 (Tel.)
+49 511 333 - 1287 (Fax)
Email: uwe.hellmann@t-systems.com<mailto:uwe.hellmann@t-systems.com>
Internet: http://www.t-systems.com<http://www.t-systems.com/>

T-Systems International GmbH
Aufsichtsrat: René Obermann (Vorsitzender)
Geschäftsführung: Reinhard Clemens (Vorsitzender), Dr. Ferri Abolhassan, Ulrich Meister,
Georg Pepping, Hagen Rickmann, Dietmar Wendt, Klaus Werner
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main HRB 55933
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am Main

Notice: This transmittal and/or attachments may be privileged or confidential. If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this transmittal
in error; any review, dissemination, or copying is strictly prohibited. If you received this
transmittal in error, please notify us immediately by reply and immediately delete this message
and all its attachments. Thank you.