tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paul Wilson <paulalexwil...@gmail.com>
Subject Custom Standard Classloader
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 11:23:59 GMT
Hi there,

I'd like to specify a custom implementation of 'StandardClassLoader' for
Tomcat 6. I've written such an implementation of
'org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader' and dropped it onto the
classpath (using the Eclipse launch configuration). However, I get an error:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina

It seems that only the lib/* jars are available at this point in time, and
not bootstrap.jar.

What's the correct way to override the StandardClassLoader?

Regards,
Paul