tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Eric Kemp <cruisingat90...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: APR SSL error: "Socket bind failed: [98] Address already in use"
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 02:44:28 GMT
Below is my entire server.xml (minus commented lines)

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<Server port="8005" shutdown="SecretCommand">

 <Listener
 className="org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener"
 SSLEngine="on" />

 <Listener
 className="org.apache.catalina.core.JasperListener" />

 <Listener
 className="org.apache.catalina.core.JreMemoryLeakPreventionListener" />

 <Listener
 className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener" />

 <Listener
 className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener" />

 <GlobalNamingResources>

  type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
  pathname="conf/tomcat-users.xml" />

 </GlobalNamingResources>

 <Service name="Catalina">

  <Connector
  port="8080"
  protocol="HTTP/1.1"
  connectionTimeout="20000"
  URIEncoding="UTF-8"
  redirectPort="8443" />

  <!-- Adding the connector below causes the "Socket bind failed: [98]
Address already in use" error to appear in catalina.out... and https
does not work. -->
  <Connector
  port="8443"
  protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol"
  maxThreads="150"
  scheme="https"
  secure="true"
  clientAuth="false"
  sslProtocol="TLS"
  SSLEnabled="true"
  SSLCertificateKeyFile="/etc/apache2/ssl/myDomain.com.key"
  SSLCACertificateFile="/etc/apache2/ssl/myDomain.com.ca.crt" />

   <Realm
   className="org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm"
   resourceName="UserDatabase"/>

   <Host
   name="localhost"
   appBase="webapps"
   unpackWARs="true"
   autoDeploy="true"
   xmlValidation="false"
   xmlNamespaceAware="false">
   </Host>

  </Engine>
 </Service>
</Server>

Thanks

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 4:18 PM, Caldarale, Charles R
<Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote:
>> From: Eric Kemp [mailto:cruisingat90mph@gmail.com]
>> Subject: Re: APR SSL error: "Socket bind failed: [98] Address already in use"
>
>> Any other ideas would still be appreciated.
>
> As others have noted, the conflict is likely on some port other than 8443.  Post your
entire server.xml, preferably with comments removed, so we can see all of the ports declared
there.