tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Tyson <matthewcarlty...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7, Servlet 3.0, and Non-Blocking
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 00:43:18 GMT
I guess what I'm asking is if I just start using the Servlet 3.0 support
for suspending requests out of the box, will it be a thread blocking
implementation I'm using?

HTTP APR/native is blocking as well, correct?

So if I want to use Servlet 3.0 async (eg, a call to request.startAsync),
and have it be handled without blocking IO, I need to use the NIO connector?

Thanks,

Matt