tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: tomcat doesnt want to start
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 04:08:29 GMT
> From: Christian Röttger [mailto:chris.roettger@uni-muenster.de]
> Subject: tomcat doesnt want to start

> i updated my ubuntu server to tomcat 6.0.24. (a kernel update was also
> included) After a reboot tomcat doesn't want to start.

> Can anyone provide some help how to get it running again?

Unfortunately, what you've got is a 3rd-party repackaged version of Tomcat, with a very different
file structure and component set than that of a standard Tomcat download.  You really need
someone familiar with Ubuntu, rather than Tomcat.

If you can install a real Tomcat from tomcat.apache.org, then we can help you with that.

 - Chuck