tomcat-users mailing list archives

From MiB <>
Subject Re: Spring MVC 3 application gives "Could not open JPA EntityManager" only on server
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2011 08:22:08 GMT

24 nov 2011 kl. 08.20 Will Glass-Husain suggested:

> I'd guess a firewall is blocking the database requests when you use
> the
> full domain name.
That's quite likely. I used IPtable to reroute port 80 to another port
that I run Tomcat standalone on and probably I blocked everything else
and forgot about it. I guess the 2 IPs I peruse only have a function
for outside connections anyway, so it's good to avoid this plus that I
gain a similar setup for the development machine which makes it easier
to test stuff.

> Now it sounds like you have incorrect query syntax.

Well, I was querying a nonexistent hibernate_sequences table. Duh!
Fixed now.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message