tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Diedler <adied...@tecracer.de>
Subject AW: Include NEtwork path into Tomcat - urgent
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 14:27:26 GMT
Yes,
http://www.test.de/pictures/test.png throws 404 error.

Alex

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Daniel Mikusa [mailto:dmikusa@vmware.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 15. November 2011 15:13
An: Tomcat Users List
Betreff: RE: Include NEtwork path into Tomcat - urgent

> Not sure Java IO supports windows UNC.

A quick test worked for me.  I was able to list the contents of a SMB share on my network.
 Windows XP, Java 1.6.0_29.

public class Test {
    for (String fileName : new File("\\\\server\\share").list()) {
      System.out.println(fileName);
    }
  }
}

Maybe try running a quick test like this from your machine?

> but it throws a 404 error if I test it.

How are you testing it?  Are you directly accessing a file on that share or are you trying
to get a directory listing?  By default, Tomcat will not display a directory listing (it'll
display a 404 error).

Dan