tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pid *" <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: APR SSL error: "Socket bind failed: [98] Address already in use"
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 09:48:48 GMT
On 21 Nov 2011, at 02:44, Eric Kemp <cruisingat90mph@gmail.com> wrote:

> Below is my entire server.xml (minus commented lines)
>
> <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
> <Server port="8005" shutdown="SecretCommand">
>
> <Listener
> className="org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener"
> SSLEngine="on" />
>
> <Listener
> className="org.apache.catalina.core.JasperListener" />
>
> <Listener
> className="org.apache.catalina.core.JreMemoryLeakPreventionListener" />
>
> <Listener
> className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener" />
>
> <Listener
> className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener" />
>
> <GlobalNamingResources>
>
>  <Resource name="UserDatabase" auth="Container"
>  type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
>  description="User database that can be updated and saved"
>  factory="org.apache.catalina.users.MemoryUserDatabaseFactory"
>  pathname="conf/tomcat-users.xml" />
>
> </GlobalNamingResources>
>
> <Service name="Catalina">
>
>  <Connector
>  port="8080"
>  protocol="HTTP/1.1"
>  connectionTimeout="20000"
>  URIEncoding="UTF-8"
>  redirectPort="8443" />
>
>  <!-- Adding the connector below causes the "Socket bind failed: [98]
> Address already in use" error to appear in catalina.out... and https
> does not work. -->

What happens if you use 8444 instead?

>  <Connector
>  port="8443"
>  protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol"
>  maxThreads="150"
>  scheme="https"
>  secure="true"
>  clientAuth="false"
>  sslProtocol="TLS"
>  SSLEnabled="true"
>  SSLCertificateKeyFile="/etc/apache2/ssl/myDomain.com.key"
>  SSLCACertificateFile="/etc/apache2/ssl/myDomain.com.ca.crt" />
>
>  <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost">
>
>   <Realm
>   className="org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm"
>   resourceName="UserDatabase"/>
>
>   <Host
>   name="localhost"
>   appBase="webapps"
>   unpackWARs="true"
>   autoDeploy="true"
>   xmlValidation="false"
>   xmlNamespaceAware="false">
>   </Host>
>
>  </Engine>
> </Service>
> </Server>
>

> Thanks
>

> On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 4:18 PM, Caldarale, Charles R
> <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote:
>>> From: Eric Kemp [mailto:cruisingat90mph@gmail.com]
>>> Subject: Re: APR SSL error: "Socket bind failed: [98] Address already in use"
>>
>>> Any other ideas would still be appreciated.
>>
>> As others have noted, the conflict is likely on some port other than 8443.  Post
your entire server.xml, preferably with comments removed, so we can see all of the ports declared
there.

>>  - Chuck
>>

>> THIS COMMUNICATION MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR OTHERWISE PROPRIETARY MATERIAL
and is thus for use only by the intended recipient. If you received this in error, please
contact the sender and delete the e-mail and its attachments from all computers.