tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pid *" <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Connection pooling issue with MySQLNonTransientConnectionException and Java webapp
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 22:38:43 GMT
On 21 Nov 2011, at 21:25, Martin O'Shea <appy74@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

Well, I hope I’m reading VisualVM correctly, because when I run the JMeter
test first time around, I see 40 ‘connector’ threads created in VisualVM,
all of which run for so long and then return to a wait state.

I always forget to tell people to get the plugins, apologies.
There is a JConsole Mbean plugin for it that you can use to inspect various
of Tomcats internals.

And if I run the test again several times in succession, the number of
connector threads remains the same: they run, and then wait.

JMeter also indicates a clean run with no errors reported.

The list strips attachments and embedded.

If you created a DataSource and a connection pool, then you will find
values indicating the pool size etc.
You are aiming to monitor the pool size during the test.