tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pid *" <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat recycling
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 18:23:44 GMT
On 18 Nov 2011, at 15:36, "Jan Vávra" <vavra@602.cz> wrote:

> Hello,
> is there any way how to tell tomcat: Recycle after X minutes OR Y requests like it is
eg. on the IIS server?

IIS can reboot itself after N requests?
That's awesome. What could possibly go wrong?

I might file an enhancement request for Tomcat...

> If I add my own script containing "/etc/init.d/tomcat restart"  to the crontab I loose
the user sessions and users have to relogin.

Yes... because you restarted the server!

> I experience some problems with OutOfMemory error.

Wouldn't it be better to understand and fix the OOM, rather than just
rebooting the server frequently?

> On tomcat I run a periodic thread that downloads CRLs and I suspect this of memory leaks.

Why? Can't you fix that?