tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Manager WebApp authentication
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 22:35:44 GMT
Mark Montague wrote:

> Any advice on how to solve this problem?  I need Tomcat 6 to use the
> authentication performed by the front-end webserver without breaking the
> roles required by the Tomcat Manager webapp.

I know that it does not answer your question, but may I ask why ?
If you already do the user authentication in the front-end Apache httpd, can you not do a

"role-equivalent" check there too, before you proxy the call to Tomcat ?
Like
<Location /manager>
   Require group manager
   ProxyPass ajp://tomcat:8009
</Location>
(and remove the Tomcat auth constraints)

(Not sure it's so easy, but may be worth a try)