tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: AW: Include NEtwork path into Tomcat - urgent
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 22:35:06 GMT
Hi.
Don't like top-posting, but if you all do it..

I see a difference between this :
..
for (String fileName : new File("\\\\server\\share").list()) {
..

and this :

<Context path="/pictures" docBase="\\storage\share\pictures"  />

in terms of how many backslashes are used.  I am not quite sure if and how backslashes are

being escaped/unescaped on the way from the xml config file into a Java string in the
Tomcat-level docbase, but maybe you want to try this :

<Context path="/pictures" docBase="\\\\storage\\share\\pictures"  />

?

Alexander Diedler wrote:
> Yes,
> http://www.test.de/pictures/test.png throws 404 error.
>
> Alex

 Windows XP, Java 1.6.0_29.

> public class Test {
>     for (String fileName : new File("\\\\server\\share").list()) {
>       System.out.println(fileName);
>     }
>   }
> }
>
> Maybe try running a quick test like this from your machine?
>

>> but it throws a 404 error if I test it.
>
> How are you testing it?  Are you directly accessing a file on that share or are you trying
to get a directory listing?  By default, Tomcat will not display a directory listing (it'll
display a 404 error).