tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jordan Michaels <jor...@viviotech.net>
Subject Hosts Created in Tomcat 7 Host-Manager Don't Process JSP
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2011 22:50:19 GMT
Running some tests with the Tomcat 7 Host-Manager and it appears as
though hosts created via the Host Manager don't process JSP.

In my tests, I created a "fred.com" test site with a root directory of
"/www/fred.com/", and put a simple "hello world" index.jsp file in it. I
then created the "fred.com" site in the Tomcat 7 Host Manager (7.0.22 -
downloaded just this morning). The host was created without issue.

I then checked the host with Telnet:

---------------
jordan@jordan-M61P-S3 /opt/tomcat/conf $ telnet localhost 8080
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET /index.jsp HTTP/1.1
HOST: fred.com

HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 21:59:45 GMT

Connection closed by foreign host.
jordan@jordan-M61P-S3 /opt/tomcat/conf $
---------------

Looking at the logs, I found this in the catalina.out file:

---------------
INFO: Deploying configuration descriptor manager.xml from
/opt/tomcat/conf/Catalina/fred.com
---------------

So, I went and looked at the manager.xml file, and this is what it
contained...

---------------
<Context docBase="${catalina.home}/webapps/manager"
          privileged="true" antiResourceLocking="false"
antiJARLocking="false">
</Context>

Am I missing something? Is there something I should be doing that I'm
not doing? Can anyone confirm they can run JSP on hosts created in the
Tomcat 7 Host Manager?

Thanks for any help!

Warm Regards,
Jordan Michaels