tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Unable to receive message through TCP channel
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 10:52:34 GMT
On 10/11/2011 10:20, Uwe.Hellmann@t-systems.com wrote:
> Hello together,
>
> I am using to Tomcat 5.5.26 Servers. I took over the responsibility for this system some
time ago.
> Since then we already got the following error message.
>
> SEVERE: Manager [/mywebapp]: Unable to receive message through TCP channel
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>
> After questioning what this error is about I got no response but the comment that everything
is running fine.
> So I haven't searhc after it. But now after having a rollout of new servlet version we
have some serious
> performance issues. And now I have to check for every severe error message I can find.
> But unfornatly I haven't found a solution or cause for this.
> The only thing which I have found is a posting that this might be a problem of the tomcats
version and
> that this might be a bug which was solved in 5.5.28. Is this correct?

How can we judge whether the posting is accurate if you don't post a
link to it?

Do you have exactly the same versions of the application deployed on
each node of the cluster?

Is there a reason why you aren't upgrading to the latest version of 5.5
(5.5.34)?

> The cluster configuration part in server.xml looks like a standard configuration:
>
> <Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps"
>        unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
>        xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">
>
>         <Cluster className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster"
>                  managerClassName="org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager"
>                  expireSessionsOnShutdown="false"
>                  useDirtyFlag="true"
>                  notifyListenersOnReplication="true">
>
>             <Membership
>                  className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.mcast.McastService"
>                  mcastAddr="228.0.0.4"
>                  mcastPort="45564"
>                  mcastFrequency="500"
>                  mcastDropTime="3000"/>
>
>             <Receiver
>                 className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationListener"
>                 tcpListenAddress="auto"
>                 tcpListenPort="4002"
>                 tcpSelectorTimeout="100"
>                 tcpThreadCount="6"/>
>
>             <Sender
>                 className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationTransmitter"
>                 replicationMode="pooled"
>                 ackTimeout="15000"/>
>
>             <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationValve"
>                 filter=".*\.gif;.*\.js;.*\.jpg;.*\.png;.*\.css;.*\.txt;"/>
>
>             <Deployer className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.deploy.FarmWarDeployer"
>                 tempDir="/tmp/war-temp/"
>                 deployDir="/tmp/war-deploy/"
>                 watchDir="/tmp/war-listen/"
>                 watchEnabled="false"/>
>
>             <ClusterListener
>                 className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.ClusterSessionListener"/>
>
>         </Cluster>
>
> I found out thatwe are not using the Deployer context. It is just configured, but both
Tomcats servers use a
> deployment path on its local storage.
>
> Has somebody an idea?
>

> Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Yours sincerely
>
> Uwe Hellmann
>
> T-Systems International GmbH
> Production CSS
> GCU Large Accounts
> AC Express & Logistics LT1
>
> Gradestr. 20, 30163 Hannover
> +49 511 333 - 1233 (Tel.)
> +49 511 333 - 1287 (Fax)
> Email: uwe.hellmann@t-systems.com<mailto:uwe.hellmann@t-systems.com>
> Internet: http://www.t-systems.com<http://www.t-systems.com/>
>
> T-Systems International GmbH
> Aufsichtsrat: René Obermann (Vorsitzender)
> Geschäftsführung: Reinhard Clemens (Vorsitzender), Dr. Ferri Abolhassan, Ulrich Meister,
Georg Pepping, Hagen Rickmann, Dietmar Wendt, Klaus Werner
> Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main HRB 55933
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am Main
>

> Notice: This transmittal and/or attachments may be privileged or confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this transmittal
in error; any review, dissemination, or copying is strictly prohibited. If you received this
transmittal in error, please notify us immediately by reply and immediately delete this message
and all its attachments. Thank you.

--

[key:62590808]