tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <>
Subject Re: SSL for modjk and tomcat
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 05:53:09 GMT

On 11/9/11 10:35 AM, Harsimranjit singh Kler wrote:
> Doing this configuration first time.
> As per reply AJP not support SSL but still apache can pass some
> information to tomcat.

Correct: mod_ssl will forward the important SSL information from httpd
to Tomcat. Note that connection between httpd and Tomcat is not
encrypted (which is why Pid and Andre have said "no SSL"). The SSL
information comes from the incoming HTTPS connection and is provided
via AJP to Tomcat.

> i found above parameter in documentation :
> but no example how to configure these and how helpful.

Did you mean that you found all of those parameters (not just one) in
the documentation?

The documentation, while fairly short, contains everything you need.
Each directive is documented as to its function, its value parameter
values, and the default.

> i dont know what is ideal configurations for above setup to support

mod_jk supports SSL with no additional configuration. If you find that
the default configuration is not meeting your needs, please tell us
what you need and we can help you configure it.

- -chris
Version: GnuPG/MacGPG2 v2.0.17 (Darwin)
Comment: GPGTools -
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -