tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: WAR unzipping not catched
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 13:00:37 GMT
Stefan Siegel wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I have a question concerning Tomcats WAR deployment behavior:
> I have a web application which allows me to upload WAR files to the server
> via  a web form.
> I get feedback from Tomcat once the upload is finished. I then put the
> file in Tomcats "webapps" folder. Tomcat now starts unzipping the package.
> How can I manage to get a notification from Tomcat indicating me that the
> application is ready to be switched to?
If I had the same problem, and I did not want to start wading through the Tomcat Manager
application code (*), then what I would do would be to have my application issue a simple

HTTP request to this application, and check what comes back.
And if it was not the first page of the application (**), then I'd wait and retry.
But there are probably other ways to do this.

(*) which is available and, some say, surprisingly easy to understand
(**) which, considering I wrote it, could contain some unique string easy to detect

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message