tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jan Vávra <va...@602.cz>
Subject problem with loading Bouncy Castle
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 08:47:54 GMT
Hello,
  I have a problem  with loading bouncy castle.
  My code snippet is:

int position = Security.addProvider(new BouncyCastleProvider());
KeyStore store = KeyStore.getInstance("PKCS12", "BC");

In the application log I have message that BouncyCastleProvider is
already loaded (position== -1).
But call of getInstance(.) failed with exception:
  java.security.KeyStoreException: PKCS12 not found
Caused by: java.security.KeyStoreException: PKCS12 not found
Caused by: java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: class configured for
KeyStore(provider: BC)cannot be found
org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.JDKPKCS12KeyStore$BCPKCS12KeyStore

class JDKPKCS12KeyStore$BCPKCS12KeyStore is contained in
webapps/appX/WEB-INF/lib/bcprov-ext-jdk16-146.jar

In the catalina log  there is a message:
Nov 8, 2011 8:34:22 AM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
loadClass
INFO: Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped
already.  Could not load
org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.JDKPKCS12KeyStore$BCPKCS12KeyStore.  The
eventual following stack trace is caused by an error thrown for
debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate the thread which
caused the illegal access, and has no functional impact.
java.lang.IllegalStateException

On the tomcat I have 2 more applications that use the same version of
bcprov-ext. Each has it in own WEB-INF/lib directory.

Could anybody give me an advice?
Why tomcat does complaint about "Illegal access"?
Is there any way how to debug work of
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader?

My tomcat version is:
Apache Tomcat/6.0.29 	1.6.0_22-b04 	Sun Microsystems Inc. 	Linux
2.6.32.36-0.5-default 	amd64

Thanks.

Jan