tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Léa Massiot <lmhe...@orange.fr>
Subject Re: Session expiration - browser -Web application
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 16:04:34 GMT

@Tim : Thank you for your answer.

> [Tim wrote:] "Uncertain" is a bit vague.
Yes. Ok. This is my understanding which is "uncertain" then.
What happens is what you wrote: "a new session for the user with _none_ of
the objects from
the old session in it".

> [Tim wrote:] If every page in the web app is supposed to require
> authentication you need to declare that in web.xml.
Can you tell me how?

> [Tim wrote:] I'm assuming (perhaps incorrectly) you've already got some
> declaration in there for form authentication?
What are you thinking about? Can you be more precise?

I guess I should have examined this issue sooner but things are the way they
are, aren't they?
Thank you and best regards,
--
Léa